OCEAN RIVER PADDLING CLUB SOCIETY/VICTORIA YOUTH PADDLING CLUB SOCIETY
SHARED CODE OF CONDUCT Download the Waiver and Code of C
As a person who is attending or using the equipment, related items, docks and facilities, hereinafter referred to as “ORPC property” of Ocean River Paddling Club Society (“ORPC”) and/or who is attending or using the equipment, related items, docks and facilities, hereinafter referred to as “VYPC property” of Victoria Youth Paddling Club Society (“VYPC”), I understand and agree to abide by the following responsibilities. I will:
- respect the rights, dignity, and worth of all participants and officials regardless of their ability, gender or cultural background;
- not knowingly discriminate against, abuse, harass, ridicule, or threaten violence/ against anyone covered by this Code of Conduct;
- be fair, considerate, and honest in all dealings with others;
- treat all persons with respect, dignity, and proper regard for their rights and obligations; respect the privacy of other persons;
- act at all times in a fair and sporting manner and in such a way as to ensure good relations within and between members, crews, and other organizations;
- treat all ORPC property and/or VYPC property with appropriate care, respect the Victoria Harbor and Gorge Waterway and the other user groups who live along or access the water, do not participate in any illegal activities while using/attending ORPC property and/or VYPC property, participating in ORPC activities and/or VYPC activities, or in any way acting as an ORPC and/or a VYPC representative
- I also agree to comply with all safety rules and procedures as they are presented to me or posted.
- I also agree to use common sense when using or attending the ORPC property and/or VYPC property.
- I understand that an authorized representative(s) or agent(s) of either ORPC or VYPC, depending on whether you are on or using ORPC property or VYPC property, has/have authority to revoke my attending or using ORPC property or VYPC property or participating in Ocean River Paddling Club or Victoria Youth Paddling Club activities at any time if, in the judgment of the representative(s) or agent(s), my actions or general behavior are determined to be unacceptable. Misconduct will justify a verbal warning, a written warning, and then a written letter of suspension from all club activities and my ability to attend or use the ORPC property. In the event that I am suspended from all club activities of either or both clubs or denied access to ORPC property and/or VYPC property, I understand the ORPC’s and VYPC’s Board of Directors may seek to terminate my membership in Ocean River Paddling Club Society or in Victoria Youth Paddling Club Society by calling a Special General Meeting as provided for in the Bylaws of the Ocean River Paddling Club Society and/or the Bylaws of the Victoria Youth Paddling Club Society. In the case of a differing bylaw the bylaws of the club that is directly affected will be adhered to.
Dated:_______________ Name (Printed) ____ Signature ___________________