This program is a good fit for anyone who is new or novice, has some outrigger experience but doesn’t want to join the competitive stream or is coming back from a paddling hiatus. This is a coached program by the Senior members of the Competitive Stream.
OC6 Activity Level: 3 days/ week
- Mondays 5:30 to 7:00 – This is a basic technical session and is geared to the new paddler and those paddlers wanting some extra technical work.
- Wednesdays 5:30 to 7:00 – This session works on technique combined with speed, distance and drills.
- Saturdays 11:00 12:30 – This session incorporates distance and endurance while continuing to work on technical skills.
OC1 Activity Level: At the discretion of the paddler upon approval by their Coach.
- After successfully demonstrating an understanding of setup, rigging, maintenance and self-recovery of an OC1 Development paddlers may take these small boats out.
- It is recommended that at the Development level all paddlers who take out OC1’s do so with a buddy.
- Please check the policies to see the requirements regarding OC1 paddling.
Paddlers in this program may progress to the Competitive program when they have acquired the appropriate and necessary skills and fitness levels, and if they so desire. Progression to the competitive level is based on the assessment of the Development Program Coach (Coaches) upon request from the paddler.
A Development paddler does not have to move up to the Competitive Program. If they wish to move up they can make that request to their Development Program Coach, and after a successful assessment, may do so.